Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Grimm Chronicles, Volume Two

The Grimm Chronicles,Volume Two
By Isabella Fontaine & Ken Brosky

"200 years ago, the Brothers Grimm unleashed their stories upon the world. Literally. Now the characters of the Grimms’ stories walk among us. With every day that passes, they grow more evil. They are the Corrupted, and only a hero can stop them.

For 18-year-old Alice Goodenough, that means taking precious time off from her summer vacation. In addition to volunteering at the local library, Alice must stop the Corrupted who are now actively hunting her down. With the help of her magic pen and her trusty rabbit friend, the world has suddenly gotten a lot more complex. The Corrupted are everywhere, and only Alice can see them for what they truly are.

This book contains 3 episodes of the critically acclaimed series:

Episode 4: The Orphanage of Doom
Episode 5: Blood and Thunder
Episode 6: The Order of the Golden Dragon"
Courtesy of Goodreads

Rating: 5 of 5

I definitely enjoyed this book a lot more than I did the first one. The part that was most enjoyable was that it not only dealt with the supernatural aspects ,but it also dealt with real world problems facing teens today. Subjects such as drinking, fitting in, bullying, and finding your place in this world is some things every teen goes through. I think it makes this book easier to relate to. 

I love that Seth has stuck by her through all of this and is so willing to help her. I hate that Trish is so lost from the group, and I believe it is only right that her new boyfriend is part of the corrupted plan. I'm sorry but I enjoyed that bit of Karma. What sucks the most is, I believe Alice will need all the friends and help she can get to survive and live a long life. I know that her and Seth have kept it a secret from Trish, but Trish knows that Edward left and that Alice has changed, but I guess some friendships just drift apart. I am very excited about Chase. I love his story and cannot wait to see where the story takes him and Alice. 

I am very concerned about Briar. The fact that he cannot control his invisibility worries me that the corruption is in fact getting to him, and I do not look forward to the day Alice might have to deal with that. 

I think Eugene Washington was a more interesting and likable character than Grace was in the previous one. Eugene felt more connected to the story, and I enjoyed his entries a much more. (Not to mention her created Briar!)

I would like to see not only the stories that Alice encounters, but I would like to see a list of the name of the characters and those dealt with crossed out, much like the book Alice carries in the story. I'm just one that like to keep track though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment